Tuesday 7 May 2019

Quick Reads in Wales - the launch

Last week, I hopped on the train at Norwich and five hours later, I hopped off again in Cardiff - my lovely old stomping ground - in order to attend the launch of the four new titles in the Quick Reads series in Wales.

They are:-

Reset Your Goals - inspiring stories from Olympic hurdler Colin Jackson, Leicester City footballer Matthew Jones and footballer Laura McAllister among others.

Music to Make Friends By - that's the one I wrote and it's all about pop music AND HOW MUCH I LOVE IT

... and in Welsh / Cymraeg

Y Goliau a'r Dagrau - by Tash Harding

and

Wil ac Aeron by Heulwyn Ann Davies

AND THEY ARE AVAILABLE NOW IN PAPERBACK AND TO DOWNLOAD FOR £1.

A QUID.

That is loose change for 100 or so pages!

If you haven't read my book yet, I want to know why!

Anyway, it was well worth the long train journey to Cardiff. Apart from beautiful weather, beautiful views across Cardiff Bay and a beautiful venue (the Norwegian Church), we also ate cupcakes with our books on!  And I got to have my photo taken with a load of super fit Welsh sporting stars and I think some of their athleticism must have rubbed off on me because I've been feeling really chipper and athletic ever since 🌝

But best of all, I got to sit in the sunshine with my old DJ partner Kirsty. Back in the noughties, we were the girl DJs of Cardiff's bar and club scene. We even got to play in the legendary Clwb Ifor Bach!  That's us below - then and now.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete