Wednesday 24 October 2012

Essex Book Awards


I was massively chuffed to hear the other day that 'What's Up With Jody Barton?' has been shortlisted for the Essex Book Awards.  This is an award shortlisted by Essex librarians and voted for by students in Essex high schools.  The other shortlisted novels are:-



  • Mortal Chaos by Matt Dickinson
  • Messenger Bird by Ruth Eastham
  • Cracks by Caroline Green
  • The Secret Hen House Theatre by Helen Peters
  • Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

  • I feel enormously honoured to be included in this list.  So... to celebrate, I am giving away some 'Jody Barton' related stuff via my facebook page.  All you have to do is visit me at www.facebook.com/hayleylongauthor and leave the following EXACT message on my wall:

    Hey Hayley, the only way is Jody Barton!

    And do this before November the 12th.  Then, I will randomly choose a random winner at random - and that random winner will receive...

    - a signed copy of 'What's Up With Jody Barton?'
    - a CD of Jody's favourite band - 'The Best of The Doors'
    and
    - a DVD of River Phoenix's most famous film, 'Stand By Me.'

    Can't say fairer than that.

    By the way, I have finished the hard part of my next book and I'm now doing the much easier part - which is editing.  Hooray!  :-)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment