Friday 5 April 2013

The Hay Festival


This is just a quick post to tell you that I shall be at The Hay Festival on Thursday 30th May.

WHOOP!

For anyone like me - who LOVES books - this is a bit like going to Heaven.*

Not only is Hay-on-Wye a beautiful little town in the Brecon Beacons but almost EVERY shop is a book shop.  In fact, there are so many books, that whenever I've been there, I've got a bit overwhelmed and entered a state of Choice Paralysis because there are just WAY TOO MANY books to choose from.  There's also a fantastic record shop called Tom's Record Shop which sells some nice heavy vinyl.  Then, on top of that is the festival.  It's the highlight of the Book Calendar and to be invited to appear at it is very exciting.  I was last there way back in 2005(?) and I was honoured to be sharing the Green Room with none other than Jacqueline Wilson.  I didn't talk to her though.  I was far too nervous and I'm socially awkward ;-)

This year, I will be sharing a panel with the amazing Malorie Blackman - you know her, Noughts and Crosses etc - and the equally amazing Melvin Burgess - you know him, Junk etc.  They're a couple of YA heavy weights.**  We'll be talking about Young Adult fiction and answering any questions that you may have.

Visit the Hay site to find out more details by clicking here.






I can't wait :-)

In the meantime, don't forget there is still time to enter the What's Up With Jody Barton? audio book giveaway - just see the previous blog post.

Speak again soon, Hx

* But without the inconvenience of being dead.
** I shall be adding some lightness.


No comments:

Post a Comment